Merchbar has partnered with Youtube to enable creators to showcase their official branded merchandise directly on their Youtube video pages via the Official Artist Channels.
With placement below eligible videos on both mobile and desktop, the merch shelf is a tremendous opportunity to drive awareness and sales of artists’ own official merchandise to fans watching artist channel videos. This feature is currently available in the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, United States and United Kingdom
This feature is available to any artist with products on Merchbar that passes the following eligibility requirements:
Merch Shelf Eligibility Requirements
- Be an official artist channel, or if your channel is not an official artist channel, have more than 10,000 subscribers
- Channel must be approved for monetization, which includes being in the YouTube Partner Program
- The channel’s audience is not set as made for kids
- Channel must be based in a country or region where the YouTube Partner Program is available
If you would like to enable listings but your channel doesn’t meet the eligibility requirements and you’d still like to enable listings, please let us know here so we can let you know if the requirements change.
If your channel is eligible and your stores and merchandise are integrated with Merchbar, your channel administrator will have the ability to enable the merch shelf in YouTube Studio. Please see below for instructions on how to enable the merch shelf:
How to Enable the YouTube Merch Shelf with Merchbar
- Step 1. Open the artist’s YouTube Studio
- Step 2. In the left-side menu select “Monetization”. You will only see this option if the channel is currently eligible
- Step 3. Click on the “Merchandise” tab
- Step 4. Select “Get Started”
- Step 5. Choose “Merchbar”, click continue and the merch shelf will be live